Free up your time and resources for your own business priorities instead of being distracted by IT.
Alexaur has deep expertise in a broad range of technologies and a core competence in maintaining high availability of IT.
Is IT Your Core Business?
As the owner of a small or midsized business, you invest in IT to increase your operational ROI. Trouble can arise, however, when you or your team are distracted from your core business initiatives because of IT issues. Maybe IT support and management are being performed by employees who have multiple duties, which can impact both their ability to deliver in other areas, as well as the overall quality of IT support.
Contracting Alexaur to take care of your IT means you can focus all your resources on your primary business operations, maximize revenue, and be more efficient.
Alexaur can provide affordable, 24 X 7 best practices monitoring and management of all your IT assets, including systems, software, devices and virtual resources. We’ll also be informed with automated alerting of any event that may affect the normal operation of IT.
When there is a problem, we can accurately diagnose and resolve most issues through rapid remote remediation that takes much less time than onsite visits, saving you the often considerable costs of downtime.
With all the IT health and performance data that 24 X 7 monitoring brings in, we are better positioned to help you optimize configurations, manage system and software versioning, and eliminate costly and obsolete equipment.
Our remote monitoring and management platform consists of:
A single, lightweight piece of software installed once at each site. Onsite Manager performs secure, comprehensive scans of your environment to gather the up-to-date information that Alexaur needs to manage your IT assets with unparalleled efficiency.
With Onsite Manager, we can monitor and manage anything with an IP address, including: desktops, laptops, servers, managed switches, routers, firewalls, gateways, VoIP switches and phones, printers, faxes or scanners, off-the-shelf and custom applications, specialized equipment and environmental control devices, internal and external websites, SaaS resources, virtual machines and much more.
Installed on equipment that can’t be directly monitored by Onsite Manager, such as roaming laptops, remote servers, home offices, or on an onsite Windows 7 PC if you don’t have a server.
A powerful, web-based, centralized dashboard that allows us to
- view the asset health and performance data sent by the Onsite Manager;
- drill down to details as required;
- perform rapid remote remediation;
- configure advanced services;
- produce a range of useful reports so you’ll know exactly what’s going on in your environment; and much more.
The Advantages of IT Expertise
Alexaur delivers best practices monitoring and management of all your IT assets with the use of hundreds of Policy Modules. Policy Modules are sets of monitoring and alerting rules, developed in partnership with leading vendors like Microsoft, Intel, Cisco, Symantec and others. Policy Modules help ensure that everything in your IT environment is being effectively monitored and alerted on, and puts performance-related data at our fingertips. Detailed, accurate data also helps expedite diagnostics and resolution when IT issues do occur.
Because the managed services platform we use has an open architecture, any customer environment, no matter how diverse, can be easily integrated. Any changes, such as the addition or removal of systems, devices and software are detected automatically and accommodated smoothly.
Deployment of the Onsite Manager and Device Manager software is as simple as a few clicks, and has no impact on your systems or operations.
The Do-IT-Yourself Scenario
- An IT problem occurs.
- You discover the problem.
- Team member sets aside core business tasks and begins investigating and researching the problem.
- Best case: Problem is diagnosed accurately and resolved promptly on first attempt.
Worst case: Problem requires multiple attempts at diagnosis and resolution; team member who attempts to fix the problem accidentally aggravates it; parts or external services must be ordered.
The Managed Services Scenario
- Alexaur is alerted before or as the problem occurs because best practices 24 x 7 x 365 monitoring and alerting is in place.
- Alexaur instantly and accurately diagnoses problem in Service Center.
- Alexaur conducts rapid remote remediation from Service Center and resolves the problem.
Alexaur gives you comprehensive reports every month and quarter to show work performed, identify issues, and support optimized IT budgeting.
- If the best case unfolds, one or more resources are taken off core business activities for partial or full duration of problem diagnosis and resolution, resulting in loss of productivity.
- If anything less than the best case unfolds, significantly more time is required to resolve the issue, resulting in more lost productivity on core business activities.
- In the worst case, additional, unplanned expenses are incurred, including the costs of downtime: reduced productivity and lost opportunities.
- You get the right technology expert on the job from the start, with fast, reliable resolution.
- Your team stays focused on core business activities.
- Many issues are detected and resolved proactively before you even notice.
- Downtime is significantly reduced or even eliminated, with no more costly surprises.